Provide instruction on effective correctional interviewing techniques and field report writing.
Sample Learning Objectives
- Identify the common types of interviews and interactions conducted within community corrections.
- Explain research related to the therapeutic alliance/collaborative relationship within community corrections.
- Identify strategies that justice professionals can use to strengthen the collaborative relationship with individuals they supervise in the community.
- Identify the common types of reports used in community supervision.
- List common information gathered for reports used in community supervision.
- Identify common sources of information for reports used in community supervision.
- List qualities of a good report.
- Distinguish the differences between report writing and technical/research writing.
- Describe the influence of information in reports on decision making in the justice process.