- Students should be introduced to evidence-based practices (EBP) for reducing recidivism literature.
- Students should be shown how to differentiate evidence-based practices/programs from promising practices/programs.
Sample Learning Objectives
- Identify resources that summarize research-informed practices and programs.
- Describe the historical trend in research outcomes in community corrections.
- Explain the current literature on what works versus what doesn’t work in community corrections interventions.
- Describe what constitutes an evidence-based or promising finding.
- Outline the current research literature on effective community corrections practices.
- Identify case law relevant to community corrections.
- Identify current recognized promising practices within community corrections.
- Describe new and emerging initiatives or issues being discussed within the community corrections field.